Skip to main content

Books Needing Sequels

I didn't end up doing a Top Ten Tuesday post last week because I was struggling to come up with characters that I'd like to switch places with. Maybe it's the kind of books I like. I'm not quite sure. But I am excited to return with this week's prompt, which is about standalone books that need a sequel. I love series and have thought this after finishing multiple books. Still, I loved all of these books I just wish that I was able to have some more of them. I only stuck with five because all of these five are fun and/or great.


1. The Secret Order of the Gumm Street Girls by Elise Primavera


From all I can figure, this was initially supposed to be a series but I guess there just weren't enough sales. This group of four girls is really fun to read and a great whirlwind of a middle grade Oz spin off. I haven't read it in a while, but if I recall correctly the ending has so many hints towards a sequel that just never happened. I'd love to know what else lies in the future for these girls and their adventures on this magical street.


2. History is All You Left Me by Adam Silvera


I know that there is no way that this book is getting a sequel, but I would love to know what lies in the future of Griffin, Wade and Jackson. This book destroyed me and while the ending was complete, I just want to know more, like how the relationships work out and the continued impact of Theo on all of their lives. I understand that a sequel wouldn't work out, but it still would be amazing to have one.


3. The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich


This book is interesting in that it had a fantastic premise, great characters, and great storylines and yet I got lost a lot. Still, I was very invested in what was going on and if the sequel was clearer and easier to comprehend, then that would be a book that I would love reading. Seriously though, so many things about this book were great. It just felt like it needed a few more rounds of edits to make it clearer to understand.


4. Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay


Okay, so there's one big problem with the end of this book that still makes me really frustrated whenever I think about it. I just want to know what happened to the brothers and want them to be okay and human. I love so much of what is going on in this book but the end is just so frustrating. I just want the brothers to be okay and I loved the first book so a sequel for that would definitely be amazing.


5. This Ordinary Life by Jennifer Walkup


While this book has a happy and complete ending, there still has to be more because while Jasmine has accomplished many things and discovered the person she wants to be, that doesn't change the fact that her family still isn't in the best situation. I want to see Jasmine's boyfriend and brother living their lives and their epilepsy, while being there, not being as much of a main conflict. I just want there to be even more there. The disability representation seemed good and I love the characters, but I guess I want a sequel with far more casual representation. The romance is adorable and there are great things about this book, but I really just want some more stuff here.



So, this is my list of five books that need sequels to exist! If you have similar recommendations, then I would absolutely take them and adore them. Let me know what you think in the comments.


Thanks for reading!
Alyssa



Comments

  1. I hope you'll get sequels to all of these books. The wanted posters you made up for them were quite creative. Did you photoshop them?

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually used a word template. It worked better than I was expecting. I doubt any of these will get sequels though. I didn't want to include the sequels I want but I know are coming out in 2019 or 2020.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Settings

Last week, I ran out of time to do my Top Ten Tuesday post, but I still loved the prompt of settings that I'd like to see more of. Since this week was a freebie, I decided to go ahead and do this prompt. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The books I have read from these books have been absolutely amazing in the majority of circumstances, but there needs to be so much more, especially in traditional publishing for a wide range of audiences, though some of these are best suited to YA or NA. So, let's get started! 4H- I spent twelve years as a member of local 4H, and I have only read one book that ever had showing livestock at a county fair as a plotline. It was amazing, but I haven't seen this aspect of my life in any other book. I have a few ideas based on my experiences

August Six Degrees

I recently discovered the Six Degrees of Separation meme for book blogs, and it looks like a lot of fun, so I decided to start this month, and see how it goes! This month's prompt is a wild card. Since I didn't do this last month, I'm starting with the book that I'm currently in the middle of- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. First Link: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan These books are both by the same author, but also they are both the books that got me into that specific type of mythology in the first place, both Greek and Egyptian. I've learned so much after becoming interested based on these books in the first place. Second Link: Pandora Gets Jealous by Carolyn Hennesy Both of these books are takes on Greek mythology. Percy Jackson is modern day, but Pandora is set back then. Still, the main characters are both awesome and their interactions with the Greek gods and other Greek mythical beings are just amazing. Third Link: The Frog Princess

Anticipated Releases

Welcome back to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl with prompts every week! This one was surprisingly hard for me, maybe because I'm not really in the middle of any great series right now and all of the authors I read a lot aren't releasing this fall. I did include multiple books that I already got from Netgalley but they have not yet come out and I am behind but I still want to read them because I'm excited about their potential and hope that they are as amazing as I wish. So let's get started! Of Ice and Shadows by Audrey Coulthurst- Mare and Denna are an amazing sapp hic couple. I loved Of Ice and Shadows, and I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel, but I have to. I am really excited for this book. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan- I got my sister the first book for Christmas and still haven't read it, but this is another amazing sapphic series that I need to read. My sister loved