Skip to main content

Spring 2019 TBR

It's Top Ten Tuesday! This week's prompt is books on your Spring 2019 TBR.
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by ThatArtsyReader Girl. 
You can find more information here.

I hope to get a ton of reading done this spring. I am awful at making tbr lists, but hopefully I will get all of these read by the end of May for sure. My last exam is on April 30 so May is ideally going to be my major reading month before I have to start working for the summer. Let me know if you've read any of these books and your thoughts!

1. A Study in Charlotte by Brittany Cavallaro

Multiple people I follow on twitter absolutely love this entire series so I figure that it's about time that I get into this now that the fourth and final book is released. I figure that I probably should read actual Sherlock Homes as well, but that will just have to be pushed off to a later date. Apparently the leading couple is adorable as well and I have hopes for how I will feel about these characters. I've read the first 75 pages this weekend and I love it so far!

2. If You're Out There by Katy Loutzenhiser

This book seems really interesting and I have hopes for the mystery in this book and what is going on. The synopsis is really intriguing and I'm really interested in what is actually going on. Also, ghosted friendships are so relatable and I hope for lots of deep dark feelings that are explored. This book really seems interesting and it just came out a few weeks ago so I am ready for it.

3. Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds

Um, a cute adorable couple where one of them dies and the other does a bunch of awesome things and also time travel? Sign me up! For some reason this is one of my favorite types of book to read and I am totally into the concept of this book. Will I cry? Absolutely and I am 100% looking forward to reading this book. Fingers crossed it will destroy me.

4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas

Does this one even need any explanation? Shockingly for me, I've already seen the movie. It was so interesting a sad seeing it with an audience primarily composed of black college students because they knew some of these things that hit me even harder than just the movie would have.

5. Inkmistress by Audrey Coulthurst

I loved Of Fire and Stars and this book is about a vengeful ex girlfriend who is now a dragon? Revenge and cute f/f couples and honestly do I even need to say anything more about this book? Definitely something that I need in my life.

6. Far From the Tree by Robin Benway

I found a list of awesome sibling relationships a while ago and this is one of the ones I wrote down. I would link the list, but I honestly have no idea where I found it. I've enjoyed the other YA contemporary I have gotten out of it, so hopefully this one about siblings that meet in their teen years after being adopted to different families is really good as well.

7. What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

I love Simon vs. and History is All You Left Me and everyone who I know who read this book seems to love it. I literally know nothing about this book but there's still a high chance that I'm going to cry. It be like that sometimes. Seriously though, two authors with adorable couples creating what I assume is going to be doubly adorable. I live for cute awkward couples in YA.

8. Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

This is the only book that is a reread on this list, which for me is different but I loved this book the only other time I read it and I definitely want to get into the rest of the series. Honestly, magic and princesses and worldbuilding without being only worldbuilding is what I need in fantasy. Definitely one of my all time favorite YA fantasies and I can't wait to reread this and then read the sequel.

9. Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake

I really feel like I should have read this book already, but I figure that there is no time like the present. Or in this case, sometime during the spring. Dark sisters and a power struggle. I have some problems with YA fantasy being too focused on the world instead of the characters, but the characters seem really strong. I think I read like two chapters three years ago but I have hopes for this book and I definitely wanted to get some variety mixed into this tbr list.

10. Blood Promise by Richelle Mead

I have read the first three books in the Vampire Academy series so many times but something has always come up before I read this one. The ends of books two and three destroy me and I fully expect that this book will be darker in the best possible ways. If I get this book done, I might try to read books five and six as well. I absolutely love this world and I appreciate how I enjoy the books differently than I enjoyed them in middle school but I still love them.

So this is my Spring 2019 TBR! Knowing me, I'll probably read like two of them but still read other books because I don't listen to what people tell me to do, even when I'm the one telling myself what to do. I am super excited about reading all of the books on this list. Let me know if you've read any of these and what you think about them!

Thanks for reading,
Alyssa

Comments

  1. I really need to watch the film version of The Hate U Give one of these days. The book was really good.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good movie, and definitely an interesting experience. Well worth the time.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. I've read FAR FROM THE TREE. I didn't end up loving it, but I did find it interesting. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems to have an interesting premise that I'm looking forward to reading about. Definitely won't keep my expectations too high.

      Thanks for commenting!
      Alyssa

      Delete
  3. Three Dark Crowns almost made my list. And I really need to read the Hate U Give.

    My TTT: http://books.thetechchef.net/top-ten-tuesday-52-spring-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it so weird that I've never read either of them because I feel like I really should have. But that's just the way it is sometimes.

      Thanks for commenting!
      Alyssa

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Settings

Last week, I ran out of time to do my Top Ten Tuesday post, but I still loved the prompt of settings that I'd like to see more of. Since this week was a freebie, I decided to go ahead and do this prompt. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The books I have read from these books have been absolutely amazing in the majority of circumstances, but there needs to be so much more, especially in traditional publishing for a wide range of audiences, though some of these are best suited to YA or NA. So, let's get started! 4H- I spent twelve years as a member of local 4H, and I have only read one book that ever had showing livestock at a county fair as a plotline. It was amazing, but I haven't seen this aspect of my life in any other book. I have a few ideas based on my experiences

August Six Degrees

I recently discovered the Six Degrees of Separation meme for book blogs, and it looks like a lot of fun, so I decided to start this month, and see how it goes! This month's prompt is a wild card. Since I didn't do this last month, I'm starting with the book that I'm currently in the middle of- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. First Link: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan These books are both by the same author, but also they are both the books that got me into that specific type of mythology in the first place, both Greek and Egyptian. I've learned so much after becoming interested based on these books in the first place. Second Link: Pandora Gets Jealous by Carolyn Hennesy Both of these books are takes on Greek mythology. Percy Jackson is modern day, but Pandora is set back then. Still, the main characters are both awesome and their interactions with the Greek gods and other Greek mythical beings are just amazing. Third Link: The Frog Princess

Anticipated Releases

Welcome back to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl with prompts every week! This one was surprisingly hard for me, maybe because I'm not really in the middle of any great series right now and all of the authors I read a lot aren't releasing this fall. I did include multiple books that I already got from Netgalley but they have not yet come out and I am behind but I still want to read them because I'm excited about their potential and hope that they are as amazing as I wish. So let's get started! Of Ice and Shadows by Audrey Coulthurst- Mare and Denna are an amazing sapp hic couple. I loved Of Ice and Shadows, and I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel, but I have to. I am really excited for this book. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan- I got my sister the first book for Christmas and still haven't read it, but this is another amazing sapphic series that I need to read. My sister loved