Skip to main content

Ten Years of Favorite Books

Welcome to this week's Top Ten Tuesday! This week, the topic is favorite books from the last ten years, including one from each year. This is a really cool idea, though it was interesting to see which years I struggled to come up with books for, since I did grow up significantly during this timeframe as I'm only nineteen now. So let's get started!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

2019: Just for Clicks

This book really fits in a modern day and I loved reading it so much. You can check out my book review here, but there were twists that were just foreshadowed enough to be a shock and still make sense.

2018: The Astonishing Color of After

There is so much going on inside this story and I loved every single bit of it, especially as realities twisted and bits of the past were discovered in this exploration of culture and family. It is a little bit of a longer book, but is definitely worth the time to read it.

2017: They Both Die At The End

This book destroyed me in so many ways, even though I knew from the title that Mateo and Rufus died. I still cried while reading it and this book was very clearly the one for me to pick for this year. I adored it so much and couldn't put it down.

2016: A Study In Charlotte

Looking through my goodreads, there wasn't anything particularly that stuck out as amazing, but I still really enjoyed this book. I'm about to read the sequel and I am so ready and underprepared. Still, I am looking forward to continuing in this world created and I loved the reread, so this book comes to the top here.

2015: How to Say I Love You Out Loud

This was my favorite book for a while. I'm not going to say that it is the best book ever, but it is still a really fun read and certain parts of it hit me really hard, especially the ideas of not wanting to stick out and that sense of fear.

2014: To All the Boys I've Loved Before

This book is so cute and relatable, and there are honestly just so many other things going on, particularly with the culture and family situation and all the changes that Lara Jean has to face in her world. The movie is just amazing as well, just in very different ways.

2013: The Hero's Guide to Storming Your Castle

I enjoy this book and the first one in very different ways. There are so many more characters in this one, but it was one of the last middle grade books that I read for a few years. I don't like the third book in the trilogy though.

2012: The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom

I love this book so much and am attached to all of these princes. It's a really great middle grade book and honestly amazing in some of the relationships, especially Frederic and Gustav.

2011: Catching Jordan

This is one of my favorite young adult romances. It's really fun and I love the sports parts and how Jordan is friends with the guys and struggles in her female relationships, which was honestly me in high school.

2010: Kane Chronicles The Red Pyramid

The Kane Chronicles are so amazing to listen to or read. The sibling dynamic is amazing and I learned a ton about Egyptian mythology. While different from the Percy Jackson books, I really love these books as well and seriously need to reread these books soon, maybe in time for the Biblio Games in June.


So that's my top ten books from the past ten years. I would recommend all of these books for you to read, especially if you love reading young adult or middle grade.

Thanks for reading and let me know your favorite books as well!
Alyssa

Comments

  1. To All the Boys I've Loved Before sounds like such a good read. I need to check it out sometime.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it. The sequel was great too, but I didn't like the third book as much.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. The Astonishing Color of After was a beautiful book. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it really was. Not exactly what I was expecting out of it, but it was still really cool and amazing to read.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. The Astonishing Color of After is such a great choice! 2018 was just chock full of really good books, and it was so hard choosing just one. I really need to read They Both Die at the End!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There really were a bunch, but I'm just getting to some of them now which made it easier to pick one. And you definitely should read They Both Die at the End.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Settings

Last week, I ran out of time to do my Top Ten Tuesday post, but I still loved the prompt of settings that I'd like to see more of. Since this week was a freebie, I decided to go ahead and do this prompt. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The books I have read from these books have been absolutely amazing in the majority of circumstances, but there needs to be so much more, especially in traditional publishing for a wide range of audiences, though some of these are best suited to YA or NA. So, let's get started! 4H- I spent twelve years as a member of local 4H, and I have only read one book that ever had showing livestock at a county fair as a plotline. It was amazing, but I haven't seen this aspect of my life in any other book. I have a few ideas based on my experiences

August Six Degrees

I recently discovered the Six Degrees of Separation meme for book blogs, and it looks like a lot of fun, so I decided to start this month, and see how it goes! This month's prompt is a wild card. Since I didn't do this last month, I'm starting with the book that I'm currently in the middle of- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. First Link: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan These books are both by the same author, but also they are both the books that got me into that specific type of mythology in the first place, both Greek and Egyptian. I've learned so much after becoming interested based on these books in the first place. Second Link: Pandora Gets Jealous by Carolyn Hennesy Both of these books are takes on Greek mythology. Percy Jackson is modern day, but Pandora is set back then. Still, the main characters are both awesome and their interactions with the Greek gods and other Greek mythical beings are just amazing. Third Link: The Frog Princess

Anticipated Releases

Welcome back to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl with prompts every week! This one was surprisingly hard for me, maybe because I'm not really in the middle of any great series right now and all of the authors I read a lot aren't releasing this fall. I did include multiple books that I already got from Netgalley but they have not yet come out and I am behind but I still want to read them because I'm excited about their potential and hope that they are as amazing as I wish. So let's get started! Of Ice and Shadows by Audrey Coulthurst- Mare and Denna are an amazing sapp hic couple. I loved Of Ice and Shadows, and I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel, but I have to. I am really excited for this book. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan- I got my sister the first book for Christmas and still haven't read it, but this is another amazing sapphic series that I need to read. My sister loved