Skip to main content

Summer 2019 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
It's another week of Top Ten Tuesday! This week's prompt is the top ten books for your summer tbr. ISpring Wrap Up, which I based off of my spring tbr, I only read one out of the ten books that I thought I was going to read, despite managing to finish a ton of books in the spring.
just did my

So far, my summer reading has gone alright, though nowhere near as much as my dream goal was. Still, I have managed to read some pretty great books and hope that the rest of the summer is able to go as smoothly. Classes start August 26, so I do hope to read as much as possible before then, because it is always hard to tell what a change will have in store for reading and blogging.

Let's get started! Will I read all of these books this summer? Probably not! Seriously though, I do hope I do because I either really need to read the book soon thanks to library check outs and all of these are books that I'm excited about and hope are going to be as good as I think they are.

  1. The Last of August by Brittany Cavallaro- The sequel to A Study in Charlotte, which I started my spring tbr with. I can't wait to see what ends up happening next with Jamie and Charlotte, but I'm sure it is going to be amazing! Some people are so into the series that I figure the rest of the series has to be amazing as well. Jamie is just honestly so cute.
  2. The Pros of Cons by Alison Cherry, Lindsay Ribar, and Michelle Schusterman- I am cautiously optimistic about this book. I was really excited about the ideas, multiple povs, and how one of the girls is meeting her internet girlfriend, but then I realized that one of the authors wrote a biphobic book I read. But she's not the one writing the queer character, so I hope it is going to be good.
  3. I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson- I just read The Sky is Everywhere and while different, I ended up really enjoying it. I dnfed this book out of timing issues (I was trying to read it like a page at a sitting but I just can't read this like that) but I liked it so far and I hope to get back to it! Jude and Noah seem really cute and I can't wait to see what ends up happening.
  4. Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo- I'm finally going to get into all of this Grisha stuff! I hope this book is going to be good, because I don't think I can handle reading multiple books I won't enjoy to just be able to get to Six of Crows, which apparently is the best of them all.
  5. Our Year of Maybe by Rachel Lynn Soloman- A bisexual character right off the bat? I honestly just cannot wait. This is an especially interesting take on the sick kids! trope, and hopefully well done because I dislike that romance trope so much, even in the popular ones. Still, it seems like this has more to it than just one trope.
  6. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas- Honestly, does this book need any sort of introduction? Honestly, I just really cannot believe I haven't read it yet and I really hope that I can somehow get to it this book. I have seem the movie, which I thought was amazing and I can't wait to see what else ends up happening.
  7. The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan- The other day I was talking about how I really need to read the Kane Chronicles again and I cannot wait to read these again! Carter and Sadie have such a great sibling dynamic and I really can't wait to get into all of the rest of this.
  8. Wilder Girls by Rory Power- Everyone has been hyping up this book and I have an eARC of it I haven't managed to get to yet and I'm super excited. So many things about this are absolutely amazing and I really hope that it going to be worth it.
  9. The Babysitters Coven by Kate Williams- Teenage witches is always a trope that will never get old, especially when this book adds having to babysit kids and keep everything out of trouble! I don't know a whole lot about it, but I'm definitely excited for it.
  10. These Witches Don't Burn by Isabel Sterling- Like I said, teenage witches are just absolutely amazing and something that I really cannot wait to get into. I have this book but it just keeps getting pushing back by all of these things that I need to read first. Can't wait to finally get to it!

There are so many books I want to read, but I really hope to be able to get through these because I really do want to be able to read this stuff, no matter how long it takes. That's the fun of reading but there are just so many to be read and not enough time! Have you read any of these books? What are you planning on reading? Be sure to let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!
Alyssa

Comments

  1. I hope you enjoy The Hate U Give. I haven't seen the film yet, so we're both a little behind just in slightly different ways. Hehe. :)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure. The movie was definitely good and worth a watch.

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Unique Settings

Last week, I ran out of time to do my Top Ten Tuesday post, but I still loved the prompt of settings that I'd like to see more of. Since this week was a freebie, I decided to go ahead and do this prompt. Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together. The books I have read from these books have been absolutely amazing in the majority of circumstances, but there needs to be so much more, especially in traditional publishing for a wide range of audiences, though some of these are best suited to YA or NA. So, let's get started! 4H- I spent twelve years as a member of local 4H, and I have only read one book that ever had showing livestock at a county fair as a plotline. It was amazing, but I haven't seen this aspect of my life in any other book. I have a few ideas based on my experiences

August Six Degrees

I recently discovered the Six Degrees of Separation meme for book blogs, and it looks like a lot of fun, so I decided to start this month, and see how it goes! This month's prompt is a wild card. Since I didn't do this last month, I'm starting with the book that I'm currently in the middle of- The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. First Link: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan These books are both by the same author, but also they are both the books that got me into that specific type of mythology in the first place, both Greek and Egyptian. I've learned so much after becoming interested based on these books in the first place. Second Link: Pandora Gets Jealous by Carolyn Hennesy Both of these books are takes on Greek mythology. Percy Jackson is modern day, but Pandora is set back then. Still, the main characters are both awesome and their interactions with the Greek gods and other Greek mythical beings are just amazing. Third Link: The Frog Princess

Anticipated Releases

Welcome back to another week of Top Ten Tuesday! Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by  That Artsy Reader Girl with prompts every week! This one was surprisingly hard for me, maybe because I'm not really in the middle of any great series right now and all of the authors I read a lot aren't releasing this fall. I did include multiple books that I already got from Netgalley but they have not yet come out and I am behind but I still want to read them because I'm excited about their potential and hope that they are as amazing as I wish. So let's get started! Of Ice and Shadows by Audrey Coulthurst- Mare and Denna are an amazing sapp hic couple. I loved Of Ice and Shadows, and I absolutely cannot wait to read the sequel, but I have to. I am really excited for this book. Girls of Storm and Shadow by Natasha Ngan- I got my sister the first book for Christmas and still haven't read it, but this is another amazing sapphic series that I need to read. My sister loved